Dissociative recombination of fully deuterated protonated acetonitrile, CD3CND+: Product branching fractions, absolute cross section and thermal rate coefficient
2008 (English)In: Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP, ISSN 1463-9076, E-ISSN 1463-9084, Vol. 10, no 27, 4014-4019 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
The dissociative recombination of fully deuterated protonated acetonitrile, CD3CND+, has been investigated at the CRYRING heavy ion storage ring, located at the Manne Siegbahn Laboratory, Stockholm, Sweden. Branching fractions were measured at similar to 0 eV relative collision energy between the ions and the electrons and in 65% of the DR events there was no rupture of bonds between heavy atoms. In the remaining 35%, one of the bonds between the heavy atoms was broken. The DR cross-section was measured between similar to 0 eV and 1 eV relative collision energy. In the energy region between 1 meV and 0.1 eV the cross section data were best fitted by the expression sigma = 7.37 x 10(-16) (E/eV)(-1.23) cm(2), whereas sigma = 4.12 x 10(-16) (E/eV)(-1.46) cm(2) was the best fit for the energy region between 0.1 and 1.0 eV. From the cross section a thermal rate coefficient of alpha(T) = 8.13 x 10(-7) (T/300)(-0.69) cm(3) s(-1) was deduced.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2008. Vol. 10, no 27, 4014-4019 p.
Atom and Molecular Physics and Optics
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:su:diva-43002DOI: 10.1039/b801566jISI: 000257425100006OAI: oai:DiVA.org:su-43002DiVA: diva2:352899