Dissociative recombination of the deuterated acetaldehyde ion, CD3CDO+: product branching fractions, absolute cross sections and thermal rate coefficient
2007 (English)In: Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP, ISSN 1463-9076, E-ISSN 1463-9084, Vol. 9, no 22, 2856-2861 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
Dissociative recombination of the deuterated acetaldehyde ion CD3CDO+ has been studied at the heavy-ion storage ring CRYRING, located at the Manne Siegbahn Laboratory, Stockholm, Sweden. Product branching fractions together with absolute DR cross-sections were measured. The branching fractions were determined at a relative collision energy between the ions and the electrons of 0 eV. With a probability of 34% the DR events resulted in no ruptures of bonds between heavy atoms (i.e. no breakage of the C–C bond or the CO bond). In the remaining 66% of the events one of the bonds between the heavy atoms was broken. The energy-dependent cross-section for the DR reaction was measured between 0 and 1 eV relative kinetic energy. In the energy region between 1 meV and 0.2 eV the absolute cross section could be fitted by the expression σ(E) = 6.8 × 10−16E−1.28 cm2, whereas in the energy interval between 0.2 and 1 eV the data were best fitted by σ(E) = 4.1 × 10−16E−1.60 cm2. From these cross section data the thermal rate coefficient (as a function of the electron temperature), α(T) = 9.2 × 10−7 (T/300)−0.72 cm3 s−1 was obtained.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2007. Vol. 9, no 22, 2856-2861 p.
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:su:diva-43005DOI: 10.1039/B700649GISI: 000247349200020OAI: oai:DiVA.org:su-43005DiVA: diva2:352906